Delete files specified in "--from-files"-file that don't exist on the sender side

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Mar 7 06:56:59 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 04:44:56PM -0500, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> Two issues you may wish to correct [...]

Thanks for pointing those out!  I've made sure that the mode does not
get tweaked by --chmod if it is 0, and changed the --list-only output
to start with "*missing", as you suggested.

> While you're hacking on those areas of code, perhaps you would consider
> adding a --sources-if-exist option to treat the nonexistence of a source
> argument or --files-from entry as not an error.

If someone is doing inotify-based --files-from transfers and a filename
is now missing, maybe they really want --delete-missing-args to ensure
that the receiver doesn't have a version of the now-missing file.  If
not, I think --ignore-missing-args might be a nice matching option name.