uid/gid settings in rsyncd.conf not respected?

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Thu Mar 5 18:31:39 GMT 2009

Also, it might be useful to note in the rsyncd.conf.5 that if you use
Wayne's  supplementary group approach, it will require multiple rsync
connections.

So it will fail if your 'max connections' is set to a number less than
the number of simultaneous connections you'll be needing to satisfy
it.

I think this will be the number of alternative UIDs that you require
in the rsyncd.conf.

Best
harry

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)