Converting file system

David de Lama david.delama at web.de
Wed Mar 4 13:35:04 GMT 2009

Hi @all!

I tested what happens with a file which is saved at a FAT32 partition and then this partition is converted to NTFS.
So first I transfered the file with rsync from the FAT32 partition to my Linux /home folder. Then I converted the FAT32 partition to NTFS.
After the convertation I transfered the file again to see what has changed (amount of data).
I was surprised!!!! Nothing has changed!!! rsync only transfered the checksums.

How can it be?
Are the files on another layer? So that the file system doen't affect the file?

Greetings,

David