difference between --no-implied-dir abd --keep-dirlinks ?

paresh masani masaniparesh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:57:14 GMT 2009

Thanks Wayne; I understood  your point but two more questions arise
from details given by you is, if I have --keep-dirlinks specified but not
--no-implied-dir then also it sends directory attributes, and the
destination is forced to match that results into losing destination
symlinks? I have tested this and noticed that it doesn't remove destination
symlinks.

The other question is, if I specified --no-implied-dir then would rsync
synch symlinks and directory entries if same are not available at
destination? I have tested this but still confusing in differentiating these
two options. I am not able to find any differences. Could you help me out
with one real example that show the difference between these options?

Jignesh