(Not retransferring files deleted from destination)

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Fri Jun 26 22:30:25 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 16:21 +0100, Ed W wrote:
> I love rsync, but I recently discovered unison and for some tasks it
> works better.  In particular it is designed to track changes on both
> sides and can spot the difference between something deleted and not
> yet copied.  Perhaps give it a whirl with the options set to only
> transfer left to right (ie don't send the deletes back to source)

The problem is that Unison has no such option!  I have looked for it
before when I had a similar problem of propagating updates in one
direction without clobbering local changes on the destination.  It might
be possible to write a script that talks to Unison in text mode and
answers its prompts so as to propagate in only one direction.

--
Matt