rsync is fantastic except for one usual feature we want from it ..please help ?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Jun 26 15:24:28 GMT 2009

Conway, Timothy wrote:
> That's not a usual feature.  That's a very unusual feature, as it
> would never be included in a syncronization tool.

Actually it's likely something which likely is popular in a sync tool,
it's just that rsync is more like a mirror-ing tool than a full sync tool.

I think the OP just wants delete tracking on the remote end.  Hardly an
undesirable feature, but not one that rsync even tries to support out of
the box.

I like your scp solution though...

Ed W