how to act differently to different excludes file list?

Wei, Xiaohai wistoch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 03:02:53 GMT 2009

I want to use rsync to backup my machine and I have two file lists. The
first file list is common excludes file list, that I don't want to backup
and restore such as /proc etc.

But i have another file list for restoring. when restoring, I want to delete
some files that are backed up before. that is, I only want to restore part
of backup and delete others when restoring(if these files exist).

one way to delete files is to add these files to excludes list and use
option --delete-excluded. But I don't want to delete the first excluded file
list.

can anyone give me some hints on it?

thanks

James