could not make way for new symlink !!!

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Fri Jun 5 18:42:38 GMT 2009

Jignesh Shah (jignesh.shah1980 at gmail.com) wrote on 5 June 2009 18:16:
 >Could any one please help me to get rid of below errors?
 >
 >ERROR: DoRsync(): rsync had errors or failed
 >
 >       rsync return code: 23
 >
 >      could not make way for new symlink: bin
 >
 >      could not make way for new symlink: etc
 >
 >      could not make way for new symlink: include

Are you using --delete? If not this may happen if in the source a
directory is replaced by a symlink; in the destination rsync must then
remove the directory to put the symlink in place but if it's not empty
rsync can't because you didn't give --delete, explicitly or implied.
If you don't want deletions but want the dir replaced you can use --force.