--remove-source-files

César Tejeda Hernández cesar.tejeda at uclm.es
Tue Jun 2 16:08:26 GMT 2009

Hello all,

	I am using rsync  version 3.0.3  protocol version 30, and I was
wondering if I could use --remove-source-files option in this fashion:

I use a crontab to dayly backup data,
something like:

rsync -tai --remove-source-files --ignore-existing --no-g --no-o --no-p
user at source:operativo/almacen/{ESP05/recorte/*.tar,EU/recorte/*.tar} /media/BACKUP3_PROMES10/PROMES10km/

and I check the output status to send me an e-mail if there is an error,
but I do not consider error the fact that maybe there are no new files to backup.

¿Is there any way to specify that rsync should not report an error if it finds no files to backup?

Thank you very much in advance,

César.