Problem with 3.0.6 and fileflags

Roger Bailey rbailey at channing-bete.com
Wed Jul 29 13:24:57 MDT 2009

Good day,

I am having trouble compiling rsync 3.0.6 on Red hat Linux EL 5.3.

I have downloaded 3.0.6, and the patches for 3.0.6.  I then do the
following:

    $ patch -p1 <patches/fileflags.diff
    $ ./prepare-source
    $ ./configure —disable-acl-support
    $ make

When I run ./rsync, the following is returned:

Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 64-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
    append, no ACLs, xattrs, iconv, no symtimes, no file-flags

I am puzzled by the last entry, no file-flags.  I thought that this patch
would apply the file-flags option, but it does not.  If I try to connect to
rsync with the --fileflags option, it returns the --fileflags: unknown
option.  What do I need to do to get this to compile correctly on Linux?

Thanks!
--
Roger Bailey
Creative Technology