Files with / in their name....

Greg Shenaut gkshenaut at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 23 16:35:44 MDT 2009

On Jul 23, 2009, at 1:49 PM, Simon Powell wrote:

> Yeah - this is from a Mac OS X server to a Linux box. It just sees
> the / and then stops as it expects a directory and sees a file.

If the files are on MacOS, ':' is the classic path delimiter, and in
OS/X this is translated for what they call "BSD" programs into '/'.
But that means that the underlying system can have '/' in filenames,
and they get translated into ':' in the 'BSD" perspective. In other
words, ":Users:foo:21/08/08.ppt" is translated into "/Users/foo/
21:08:08.ppt" and vice versa. Maybe this is related to your problem in
some way.

Greg Shenaut