Error messages 3.0.6pre1

Mac User FR macuserfr at free.fr
Wed Jul 22 00:52:29 MDT 2009

This is a malloc (memory allocation) error.
It shows that a non-aligned pointer (pointer that doesn't start on an
address multiple of 4 in a 32-bit machine) is being freed. As pointers
must always be aligned, this indicates an error and the function
free() doesn't know how to deal with it. But even if it doesn't
release the memory at all, there are big chances that rsync ends up
the execution normally. The only issue is a possible memory leak that
is normally stopped when rsync exit.

I didn't look nor am aware of the rsync code, but I guess this could
be an issue of 32-bit pointer on a 64-bit machine.

Best regards,

Vitorio