find out the meaning of rsync error code

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Tue Jan 20 11:11:55 GMT 2009

When I get errors like that I do a manual rsync command via a terminal (or
command prompt) shell which tries to list the contents of either side of
the connection.

This at least shows you if the connection and rsync is working.

ie

rsync -v metatex.org::minimals-temp/test/

or

rsync /cygdrive/c/

--
Stuart Halliday