Improving loadparm design to fix bug in configuration reloading

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Jan 17 03:23:06 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 02:25:33AM -0500, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> I think I'll take the opportunity to improve the design a bit by
> actually adding a section structure representing the global values of
> section parameters to the global structure

I was thinking we could get rid of the big, must-keep-sorted, statically
initialized structure and make use of the init_globals() function to set
the initial values.  However, if you've got something you've done
already, I'd be glad to consider it.

> I noticed that FN_LOCAL_STRING works differently from the other
> FN_LOCAL_* in that it goes back to sDefaults if a valid module number
> is given but the module contains a NULL value.

It's the only one that is a pointer instead of a value, but I haven't
yet looked to see if there was a way for a section to get a NULL pointer
where the sDefault value is non-NULL.