Delete only run

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jan 9 01:05:43 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 11:29:21AM +0100, Fabian Cenedese wrote:
> --delete-before         receiver deletes before transfer (default)

The man page was lagging behind.  I've checked in a fix.  Thanks!

> Is there a way to take advantage of incremental, even if it means
> running rsync twice?

You can use --ignore-existing --ignore-non-existing --del to perform an
incremental deletion run:

--existing, --ignore-non-existing
  This tells rsync to skip creating files (including directories) that
  do not exist yet on the destination.  If this  option  is  combined
  with the --ignore-existing option, no files will be updated (which
  can be useful if all you want to do is to delete extraneous files).