rsync clear text while transfer & status mail

David de Lama david.delama at web.de
Mon Feb 23 15:24:51 GMT 2009

Hi everybody!

Since two months I tested a lot with rsync, and found out great things.
But I still have a question, maybe two.

1. Was it possible in earlier rsync versions (below version 2.7 I thing, where the ssh option was not set as default) to read out the packets rsync sent? I mean could you read data out of the blocks in clear text, or do you get only ASCII code?

2. How can I get a status mail when rsync finished or canceled a job?

Thanks a lot!
David