Macintosh rsync: Inconsistent Behaviour: Hints Appreciated

Bob McKay urilabob at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 23:52:00 GMT 2009

Thank you, both for your advice and your patience! I had assumed that
because the built-in version didn't care about EAs, not handling EAs
wouldn't matter (i.e. that whatever it did transfer, it would recognise as
being the same as the source). Clearly that isn't the case. Apologies for
the delay reply - there were some problems with the build of rsync3 (I
didn't have xcode installed on the relevant machine, so no make), but it's
now working beautifully.