Suggestions for rsync

Jon Watson jwatson at watsysgroup.com
Fri Feb 13 14:07:25 GMT 2009

I'm not sure either of this functionality falls within rsync's purview.
Rsync is an "open source utility that provides fast incremental file
transfer." It's not an application that mounts drives or clusters space
or provides P2P functionality.

I can see using rsync *within* some apps that provide the functionality
you're looking for, but I don't see this functionality as something that
rsync itself should do.

My 0.02.

Jon

--
Jon Watson, CD, Linux+
Got the Group?

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version: WATSYS Technology Consulting Group, Box
2200, Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada, B0N2T0. 1.888.837.5229.
http://www.watsysgroup.com