dot-dir in --from-file in 3.0.5 can't seem to backup from exposed shadow copy of drive

Leon Vanderploeg leonv at vaultnow.com
Mon Feb 9 21:41:42 GMT 2009

Hi,

In 3.0.4, encountered a problem with dot-dir path (e.g. , foo/./bar) inside
a -files-from file when the root of the transfer isn't in the current
directory.  This was fixed in 3.05 (well, partially).  3.0.5 bug fixes
release info:

    - Fixed the use of a dot-dir path (e.g. foo/./bar) inside a --files-from
      file when the root of the transfer isn't the current directory.

3.05 works fine unless the backup is using an exposed shadow.  In this case,
the C: and D: drives are exposed as H: and I: respectively.  I get the
following error:

rsync: change_dir "/cygdrive/H" failed: No such host or network path (136)

This causes zero (0) files to be transferred, and

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous

(Repeats for I: drive)

rsync: change_dir "/cygdrive/I" failed: No such host or network path (136)

and

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
(code 23) at main.c(1040) [sender=3.0.5]

Cygwin is able to change_dir into /cygdrive/H and /cygdrive/I with no
problems.

Help, please?

Leon Vanderploeg