no matches in file

Julian Pace Ross linux at prisma.com.mt
Tue Feb 3 13:09:38 GMT 2009

Hi, I have two versions of a file that in theory should be quite similar...
however, the transfer is taking more or less the same time as though the
whole file is being transferred.

I tried some experiments, specifiying -v three times and also using --stats.

This kind of looked interesting:
total: matches=0  hash_hits=411107964  false_alarms=11057 data=1053238900

I guess this means that no blocks matched with the strong checksum??
What are hash hits exactly?

Thanks
Julian

PS The full output is a lot of text, but I can send it.

Just in case I will just give the -- stats output for now:

Number of files: 1
Number of files transferred: 1
Total file size: 1053238900 bytes
Total transferred file size: 1053238900 bytes
Literal data: 1053238900 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 81
File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 1053367611
Total bytes received: 227297