rsync 3.0.6 hangs over SSH

John Price jp_rsync at gcfl.net
Mon Dec 28 20:01:59 MST 2009

Running client and server on Ubuntu 9.10.  Version 3.0.6
on both sides.  After the SSH connects, both rsyncs are
started, but before it starting scanning for files, it
just hangs.  strace says they are both waiting on select()
(I can attach strace files if necessary).

This setup used to work, but had not worked for some time.
I just now have had the time to investigate.

Please let me know what I can try.

Thanks.

Client command:

rsync -e "ssh -i $SSH_KEY -l root" --bwlimit=$BW --include-from=$EXCLUDE_FILE \
--verbose --stats --progress --link-dest=/last_backup/ \
-avz $BACKUP_PATH $USER@$HOST::$MODULE/current

Server command:

rsync --no-detach --daemon --config=rsyncd.conf

rsync.conf on server:

log file = rsyncd.log
pid file = rsyncd.pid
max connections = 1
read only = false
uid = root
gid = root
timeout = 600
lock file = rsyncd.lock

[thebrook]
  path = /remote-backup/

--
I went fishing with a dotted line...I caught every other
fish.

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!