rsync speed on slow wireless links

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Dec 23 14:50:22 MST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Max Arnold <lwarxx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it worth to try development version in production or it is better to
> wait for stabilization?

I'm using the version from Dec 16th in one production setting that is easy
to monitor for problems, and it has been doing very well.  I'm going to do
some more timeout testing on the latest git code before trying that in
production.  I have an earlier version of 3.1.0 (from before the big I/O
change) deployed very widely at my job (since we use a lot of the new
features), and will be deploying the post-I/O change version widely pretty
soon (as long as it keeps behaving).  Then, it should be about time to start
a release cycle for 3.1.0 (sometime early in 2010).