How do I make rsync ignore unreadable files (damaged sectors)?

Matthias Schniedermeyer ms at citd.de
Tue Dec 22 11:10:50 MST 2009

On 22.12.2009 16:39, Stefan Nowak wrote:
> The only low-budget test ideas I have:
>
> The CD scratching a la Tomas Gustavsson seems the only easily achievable
> solution. But then it is not sure whether the OS does the reading retries
> or whether the optical disk drive itself retries reading.

Get some Old, cheap and as small as possible USB-Sticks.

Especially when they are small you should be able to reach the
overwrite-limits relativly fast (Which may still be counted in days)

Depending in model you should be able to get some interesting errors,
maybe even total breakdowns.
;-)

Bis denn