rsync err. an other Broken pipe (32)

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Dec 21 10:17:51 MST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Aubert Thibaud <taubert at sopragroup.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/21 15:50:43 [22219] unknown message 36:1587200 [generator]

That's an error from the generator complaining about the data coming
over the local pipe from the receiver.  If that data is messed up,
things have to be in pretty bad shape.  My first inclination would be
to check the patches that OES2 applied to rsync, but some simple
googling failed to find the source code for OES2.  You could try
grabbing the official rsync source and building your own rsync
executable.  If the issue goes away using that (on the sending side
that that was upgraded to 3.0.6), then the problem is with the patches
that OES2 applied to rsync.

The only way I know to mess up the data going from the receiver to the
generator (which only affects 3.0.x) is for the sender to send a
MSG_IO_ERROR before the end of the sending of an incremental file
list's data, but the stock rsync does not do that.