support for ext-attrs on non-supporting FS's

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Mon Aug 24 23:35:06 MDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 22:09 -0700, Linda A. Walsh wrote:
> FUSE runs on windows?

I took a quick look and found this "FUSE windows port":

http://fuse4win.4host.ru/

And Dokan, a user-mode filesystem layer for Windows which doesn't appear
to be directly compatible with FUSE (but I could be mistaken):

http://dokan-dev.net/

> But extended attributes?  Most of the gnu utils aren't there yet,

There are getfattr and setfattr for manipulating extended attributes
from the command line.  Were you thinking of something different?

--
Matt