rsyncd.conf chroot yes problem with symlink-ing

alex.vladulescu at csteam.ro alex.vladulescu at csteam.ro
Fri Aug 14 03:28:42 MDT 2009

Dig this :

@ master :

cat /etc/scripts/rsync/rsyncd.conf
#global

use chroot = true
uid = root
gid = root
max connections = 0
timeout = 600
read only = no

[home]
path = /home/

[all]
path = /

date
Fri Aug 14 12:26:12 EEST 2009

/etc/init.d/rsync restart
Restarting rsync daemon: rsync.

@ slave :

root at ph:~# rsync -vrulLpHEtzhi4og --copy-unsafe-links --del
rsync://root@10.99.1.1:/home/ /home
receiving incremental file list
symlink has no referent: "/webmaster/domains/csteam.ro" (in home)

sent 338 bytes  received 95.27K bytes  63.74K bytes/sec
total size is 5.60M  speedup is 58.52
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1524)
[generator=3.0.3]
root at ph:~# date
Fri Aug 14 12:28:05 EEST 2009

So this doesn't seems to be the answer...