bug? rsync counts inaccesible file as being transferred

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Fri Aug 7 02:33:24 MDT 2009

hello,

with --stats, shouldn`t we differ between "number of files transferred" and "number of files failed" ?

the problem is, that i have files which ALWAYS fail on transfer, and to check for "number of files failed"<=2 would be the best way for me to check if the overall transfer was ok.

if i magaged to create a patch to adress this, would such patch be accepted ?

regards
roland

rsync --stats -av * /tmp/test2
sending incremental file list
rsync: send_files failed to open "/tmp/rsync-3.0.6/patches/openssl-support.diff": Permission denied (13)

Number of files: 44
Number of files transferred: 1
Total file size: 590000 bytes
Total transferred file size: 27793 bytes
Literal data: 0 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 1094
File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 1111
Total bytes received: 31

sent 1111 bytes  received 31 bytes  2284.00 bytes/sec
total size is 590000  speedup is 516.64
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1040) [sender=3.0.4]

i would expect:
Number of files: 44