rsync speedup - how ?

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Fri Aug 7 01:36:21 MDT 2009

so, instead of 500M i would transfer 100GB over the network.
that`s no option.

besides that, for transferring complete files i know faster methods than rsync.

one more question:
how safe is transferring a 100gb file, i.e. as rsync is using checksums internally to compare the contents of two files, how can i calculate the risk of 2 files being NOT perfectly in sync after rsync run ?  i assume there IS a risk, just as like there is a risk that 2 files may have the same md5 checksum by chance....

regards
roland