--delete flag not working on cygwin rsync

Sharad K sparctus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:10:20 MDT 2009

Hi
What I am doing is backing up my music folder, the source and dest both
being on the same Win XP Machine. I am running rsync + cygwin. Here is the
command I am running from a batch file:

C:\cygwin\bin\rsync.exe -avvz --delete --stats --progress
"/cygdrive/e/my_music/" "/cygdrive/g/my_music" > music.log

Everything works fine except the --delete flag. It is suppose to delete
extraneous files that are present on the dest but aren't on the source. But
it doesn't delete them. It may be noted that the exact same command works
perfect on another Win XP machine... that is, there it does delete the extra
files on destination. I read the man pages, and I am doing everything right,
such as not using any wildcards. Please let me know what is going on. Thanks
to all in adavance.

Regards