problems with rsync and novell nss volumes

Nicole Hähnel ml at nicole-haehnel.de
Wed Apr 29 07:46:48 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am using rsync 3.0.5 on novell open enterprise sp1 server (sles10 sp2,
newest kernel, x86_64).

Every day I sync some directories and get this messages:
deleting wxppatch/update-pack-files-ie7/SP3QFE/serepack.inf
deleting wxppatch/update-pack-files-ie7/SP3QFE/FontReg.exe
wxppatch/update-pack-files-ie7/SP3QFE/SerePack.inf
wxppatch/update-pack-files-ie7/SP3QFE/fontreg.exe

On the destination server, the files are named serepack.inf and FontReg.exe.
After deleting and resycing the files, they are named serepack.inf and
FontReg.exe again,
although they are named SerePack.inf and fontreg.exe on the source server.

So I had a lot of unnecessary traffic every night.
How can I solve this problem?

The nss volume is mounted like this on both servers.
DATA on /media/nss/DATA type nssvol (rw,name=DATA,ns=long)

If I sync to a non nss volume, the files are identically named how it
should be.

Thanks!

Nicole