rsync windows acl

David de Lama david.delama at web.de
Wed Apr 22 11:22:43 GMT 2009

>> Rsync's man page inidcates support for ACLs, but does not mention what
>> ACL model is supported.
>
>Rsync supports POSIX ACLs as described at http://acl.bestbits.at/ .
>
>> > - Rsync uses Unix-like UIDs and GIDs. [...]
>
>> Presumably, if rsync supports ACLs, it supports the NFSv4 style
>> "user at domain" or "group at domain" identifiers instead of or in addition
>> to UID/GIDs.
>
>POSIX ACLs just use UIDs/GIDs, so that's all rsync supports (though it
>can map them from one system to another by name).
>
>--
>Matt

Hi @all!
Thanks for that quick answers.
I first copy the files from a Win-Client to a Linux-Server with rsync. After that I (try to) use robocopy to transfer the ACLs.
But I don't know where and what is copied. Because I don't see anything on the Linux-Server.
Could someone help me out? Or give me some kind of "howto"?
Thanks again.

David