Problem with extended ACLs in 3.0.4?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Apr 10 05:58:04 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 07:18:39PM +0000, Andrew Gideon wrote:
> The previous copy of the file has the correct/complete ACL, and the
> link-dest logic sees this as different from the "new" copy result so
> a new copy of the file - with the wrong ACL - is written.

Rsync was of the belief that a mask was only needed if an ACL had named
values, otherwise it tried to simplify the ACL to mask off the group
mode and dropped the mask.  I've checked in a change that makes it keep
whatever mask value is specified, so the ACLs should be identical now.
This will get released in 3.0.6.