order transfers by file size

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Apr 8 15:32:38 GMT 2009

On Wed, April 8, 2009 8:19 am, Victoria Muntean wrote:
> Is it possible to have rsync order transfers by file size (smallest
> files first) ?

Ooooh, I like that.  I have a client that has a bad habit of creating  a
5GB zipfile, that, of course, fails to rsync across 3,000 miles.  Since
it's a zip file, rsync can't diff the old and new versions; it ends up
trying to send the whole thing and the connection just isn't reliable
enough.  It would be nice to be able to transfer everything else first.

As long as we're on that topic, a size limit on file size to be
transferred would be nice.

--Yan

--
Yan Seiner, PE