"Invalid argument (22)" & "Operation not supported (95)" ???

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Wed Apr 8 00:01:37 GMT 2009

It looks like you are running a version of SE LINUX. Keep in mind that
I have not run rsync any SE LINUX system.

However, on Mac OS X an error is reported when ACL's are not enabled
on a destination partition. As such, you may want to check that ACL's
are enabled on the destination volume.

Details for enabling ACL's on Mac OS X :
http://connect.homeunix.com/lbackup/access_control_lists

Also, depending upon your distribution, you may find that compiling
the latest version of rsync for  will help?

Details for compiling rsync version 3 Mac OS X :
http://connect.homeunix.com/lbackup/developer/rsync_hfs

Again, I am not sure if this is the problem you are having. However, I
strongly recommend that you confirm that ACL's are enabled on your
systems destination partition(s).

Best of luck. I would be interested to know how you resolve this issue.