ssh & rsync equivalence?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Wed Apr 1 10:30:54 GMT 2009

On 30/03/09 04:45, Kyle Lanclos wrote:
> I suggest putting your 'ssh -i /some/key/here' into a small shell script,
> so that you do:
>
> rsync -e rsync_ssh
>
> ...and rsync_ssh looks like:
>
> #! /bin/sh
>
> exec ssh -i /home/key/here "$@"
>
> I think the single ticks in the -e option might be throwing something
> for a loop.

[root at morgansoldmachine ~]# ssh -t rsync at morgansmachine sudo rsync
-avzAXHn --delete-after -e /home/rsync/bin/rsync_ssh /etc
root at morgansoldmachine:/media/bigdisk/morgansmachine/etc
building file list ... done
created directory /media/bigdisk/morgansmachine/etc
etc/
etc/.pwd.lock
etc/.sudoers.tmp.swp
etc/yum/pluginconf.d/presto.conf
etc/yum/pluginconf.d/protect-packages.conf
etc/yum/pluginconf.d/whiteout.conf

sent 138652 bytes  received 17900 bytes  18417.88 bytes/sec
total size is 165558833  speedup is 1057.53 (DRY RUN)
Connection to 192.168.1.40 closed.
[root at morgansoldmachine ~]#

Eureka!!!  I've done it!
Well, not me - thank you everyone.
Morgan.

--
Getting errors: "There are problems with the signature" (or similar)?
Update your system by installing certificates from CAcert Inc, see here:

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>

fedora + freedom; fact || fiction?