Help With File transfer of files named "Apple*" + Lacie 5Big RAID

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Wed Apr 1 00:55:52 GMT 2009

Hi there,

Which version of rsync are you using? The following link has some
details regarding compiling the latest version of rsync on Mac OS X : http://connect.homeunix.com/lbackup/developer/rsync_hfs

Also, I am unsure if it will make any difference, but perhaps the
underlying file system of this device you are pushing to via AFP is
not HFS+ formated.

Finally, although this is not a very helpful suggestion, have you
considered pulling the backups to another machine with directly
attached storage via SSH rather than pushing them using AFP to this
device?

I hope some of this information helps you resolve your issues with
this backup.