Rsync 3

Sven Hartrumpf Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de
Thu Sep 25 08:37:27 GMT 2008

Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:44:06 +0530, madhavanchari wrote:

> We want to use the rsync 3 for incremental file transfer of our File system
> from one box to another, however there are about a million files
> to be copied, so just wanted to know by any one of your's previous
> experience with rsync 3, will these many files get copied at first
> time and incrementally in the subsequent run of the crontab.

If you use one of the mailing list archives, you can get a wide
impression on what people experienced.

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.rsync.general/

Enter "million" in the "Search" field.

My summary: it does work for million of files! :-)

Sven