rsync is effecting in the DC switch??

Manuel Kissoyan manuel at kissoyan.com.ar
Tue Sep 23 03:00:47 GMT 2008

Thanx Ben,

But i have really no idea why this is happening, the backup server
crashed and the DC rebuild it with centos 5 (i guess had centos4
before), after the rebuild did start this problem, could be something
with the os version or distro?

not sure where to start, the problem is not broadcasting...i mean, the
dc tech told me the following, so the broadcasting is not something that
"normal"....

"is broadcasting to all servers connected to that switch right now. It
is not normal for it to be abusing the network and flooding other
servers with unwanted traffic."

so any help or idea will be aprecciated.

btw, here is the command that i was running in the backup server to pull
the data from the other servers, not sure if it could have any
problem...but i was running the same command without problem before the
backup server rebuild.

/usr/bin/rsync -rplogDtzH --stats --delete-during --timeout=500
--exclude-from=/root/rsyncexcludedfiles
--files-from=/root/rsyncincludedfiles -e ssh root at xx.xx.xx.xx:/
/backup4/server8

Thanx in advance!