Problem using rsync for backing up on to a NAS

Thomas Ebert thoebert at gmx.net
Sat Sep 6 16:11:13 GMT 2008

Thanks for your reply,

what I'm wondering about is, that everything works fine if I delete the
dir /usr/share/terminfo in the linkdest before running rsync so that has
to be copied as is by rsync.

No other directory is affected, though. I also don't understand the
behaviour of rsync: First it complains that there is no such file or
directory just to say that it exists in the second step.

So, what could go wrong with /usr/share/terminfo and what do you
suggest? Currently I'm only backing up /home and my "mp3-partition" to
the NAS as this works without any problem and I'm backing up / to an
external hdd via usb.

Thanks

Thomas