Strange sender log file characters

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Sep 1 20:31:10 GMT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 10:44:11PM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> Wayne, you might want to consider applying this even though the
> immediate problem is solved.

Yeah, I had noticed that lack-of-negative number-handling deficiency
when I was working on an enhancement for 3.1.0 to output numbers in
3-digit clusters (e.g. 1,234,567).  I hadn't thought that I needed
special handling of INT_MIN, though, so I fixed that.  I've gone ahead
and committed my enhancement to the 3.1.0 branch, and ported that
improved negation fix from the trunk to the 3.0.x branch.

I'm interesting in what folks think about my making the outputting of
clustered numbers the default for 3.1.0 (see the --human-readable option
in the 3.1.0 manpage for a full discussion of how it works and is
overridden).  The code attempts to intuit if it should use a comma or a
period for the 3-digit clustering based on if sprintf() puts a period or
a comma into a floating point number.