NTFS to NTFS backup

Simao M simao.mml at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 22:22:04 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am running rsync version 2.6.9 under Ubuntu 8.04.

I am trying to backup a NTFS partition to another hard drive formated
as NTFS, using the --delete option, since I want a differential
backup.

The problem is that rsync first deletes all files on the backup disk
and then copies everthing again.

I am using the following command and it still doesnt work, and also
tried without the --size-only and --modify-window=1 option.s

rsync --stats --modify-window=1 --size-only --dry-run -aruvv
--progress --delete /media/sda1/Documents\ and\ Settings/simao/
/media/sda1/work/  /media/truecrypt6/backup/

Thank you,
Simao