--delete

Franck Y franck110 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 03:20:30 GMT 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net>wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 01:03 -0400, Franck Y wrote:
> > Quick Question i will have to download the source [to use a backup
> > dir] ?
> >
> > It is already running on my system ? I have installed though a rpm ?
>
> Your RPM-installed rsync should support the --backup-dir option out of
> the box.  You only need to get the source and rebuild rsync if you want
> the --backup-dir-dels option, which lets you treat deleted files
> differently from overwritten ones.
>
> Matt

Hello,

I got the source and rebuild it since i needed the --backup-dir-dels option.

I sucesfully compiled it within my remote and my host.

I have a little script that is working so i added  the --backup-dir-dels

rsync --owner --group --compress --size-only --stats
--backup-dir-dels=/back_delete --progress --recursive --times --exclude
'*.tmp' --perms --links 192.168.10.69::all_data /data2/ | tee $name_of_log.

I remove a file from the remote and a directory as well but unfortunately i
saw nothing in /back_delete, i tried --backup-dir-dels=/back_delete  and
--backup-dir-dels='/back_delete' but with no luck !

Thanks for the help !

Franck

--
Franck