How could rsync be improved so that others won't have to struggle so much to find out about --modify-window=1?

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Tue Nov 25 10:28:16 GMT 2008

You know sometimes I use modify-window=3600 as it may be as much as an
hour out during daylight saving times of the year...

But really the documents for Windows users should be better.

Start with a list of common traps beginners fall into.
The other being "SET CYGWIN=nontsec"

A tutorial of some simple rsync tasks to start off with will get the user
familiar with its workings.

Maybe someone could make the rsync site into a Wiki? Then we could all
type up document corrections?

--
Stuart Halliday

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/