[RSync] Re: How to delete files older than X on backup during sync?

Thomas von Eyben thomasvoneyben at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:35:02 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Henri S <henri at stmargarets.school.nz> wrote:
>>    1. delete the oldest backup (.7)
>>    2. Increment all the other backups +1
>>       (.6 -> .7, .5 -> .6, .4 -> .5, .3 -> .4, and .2 -> .3)
>>    3. Create a hard link between .1 -> .2
>>    4. Run rsync from the source into .1
>
> This is esentially what LBackup is doing.

Hmmm - very interesting, I need to examin that specific solution.
Reading the website I stumbled over this information:
What LBackup is Not:

LBackup is not intended for large scale deployment, unless used in
combination with some sort of file system management tool.

Should it be a problem to have it backup 200 clients to a couple of
xraids (perhaps to be changed to an xsan).

:-) TvE