How to delete files older than X on backup during sync?

Matthew Monaco dgbaley27 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 9 08:18:46 GMT 2008

You can do something like

"rsync OPTIONS --rsync-path="find /root-dir/ -mtime +14 -delete ; rsync"
SRC DEST"

although, to be safe you'll probably want something like:

"rsync OPTIONS --rsync-path="find /root-dir/ -type f -mtime +14 -delete
; rsync" --prune-empty-dirs SRC DEST"

I'm not sure whether or not find would delete a directory that's not
empty, but this the safe bet.