Windows client

Dave Markham dave.markham at fjserv.net
Wed Nov 5 14:02:28 GMT 2008

Stuart Halliday wrote:
> Google Cwrsync.
> V3 is there as well as a new experiment build of Cygwin 1.7 which finally
> supports long filenames/paths under ntfs and UTF-8 filenames at last!
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69227&package_id=68081&release_id=615606

Is anyone using this in earnest at all?

I got it working in a test environment from a solaris unix server
requesting files from an windows xp machine.

I also managed to get it working using ssh

I now need to improve on the base setting stuff by putting some security
in and was wondering what people had done? Currently i can rsync or
actually ssh to the windows machine once i have ssh and rsync running as
services and i dont want the ability for all the windows file system to
be seen or traversed.

Cheers