Archive of "bad" things during rsync?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Fri May 30 16:16:19 GMT 2008

Hi,

	Wouldn't you know, I can't get rsync to throw an error during
a copy. :) I need to put together some instructions for a guy that runs
a WISP for him to look over before weekly backups are made (I'll be
copying the files to /dev/null so any read errors can be caught).

	I can do the simple :

rsync warning: some files vanished before they could be transferred (code 24) at main.c(1031) [sender=3.0.2]

	and I fudged a :

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 22 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (83198 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(635) [sender=3.0.2]

	but does anyone have an archive of whats possible? Or even better a
regexp set of rules for scanning the output? Or do I just troll google and
the archives for "rsync error:"?

		Thanks, Tuc