Rsync to Mac

David Miller millerdc at fusion.gat.com
Wed May 28 20:51:25 GMT 2008

It is the same on all *NIX platforms. Create an rsyncd.conf file in /
etc and define the settings and modules you want. Here is an example.

#====rsyncd.conf=========
secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secrets
read only = no
list = yes
uid = root
gid = wheel
timeout = 300
strict modes = false

[backup1]
auth users = backup
path = /Volumes/left/rsync

[backup2]
auth users = backup
path = /Volumes/right/rsync
#====rsyncd.conf=========

You can launch the rsync in daemon mode like so

/path/to/rsync --daemon &

Good luck.

David.