bwlimit on rsync locally

Reeve Yang reeve.yang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:52:27 GMT 2008

Thanks John. I looked into this patch but it doesn't resolve my
problem, and we have have posix FADV.

I found a simple solution. Just open the file on receiver to be write
direct to disk avoid file buffer/cache. Of course the performance
sucks but it's what I need. The output block rate cannot be reduced by
2/3 based on my besting on linux 2.6.22. I can post the diff if
anybody wants.

- Reeve