AW: rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe

Sebastian Kösters skoesters at tradehaven.de
Mon Mar 31 08:48:18 GMT 2008

I do not think that this is the Problem.

Both Server are reachable from each other without Problems.

When I start the ssh/rsync command on the Backuppc you can see the command
via ps ax all the time. It never stops with a timeout or something like
that. On the sun the command (in ps ef) went away after about 2 Minutes with
the error message I sent you.

So Backuppc is thinking that the rsync command is running but it has stopped
a long time before.

I have 2 suns. One with rsync 2.6.9 and one with 3.0.0. Both have the
Problem. I also have 40 other Server (most of them linux) and the same
command that’s not working on these 2 suns is working on the other machines
(also on 3 other suns with the same version I am using but I don’t find what
is different between this Servers - they have also the same ssh version).

Regards Sebastian